It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:37 pm
 photo MarcusWattsbanner_zps9869658b.jpg

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
A little piece of history. 

Hello Everyone!
Today i wanna share with yo
u a tree im very honered to own. It had its first work done in 1998 by Walter Pall. And i was lucky to get pictures of this when i got the tree. The friend i got it from is suffering from years and years of digging and hard work and the bigger and more heavy trees are beggining to struggle for him.

So lets start with the pictures from 1998, sadly he could not find a picture of the finished tree but it will hopefully show up some day :D

After 15 years and in my humble garden:
FRONT:
BACK:
DEADWOOD:
SIDE:

I cannot wait to do some refinement! I hope you like it too!

//Andreas

Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:58 am
Report this post

With refinement it'll look a really good tree... I like the idea of the cascading effect from that top branch :)

Club:- vocbs.blogspot.co.uk FB VOCBS

Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:32 am
Report this post

It will become a great bonsai agian with some refinement! :D

Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:45 pm
Report this post

It needed some hard pruning! It looks way better. But it will take years to become a great bonsai agian. Posting pics soon!

Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:57 pm
Report this post

ohhh...Andreas, your latest update got me to strike keys. I hope you didn't reduce it too much :-)

Anyways, I have been waiting for pics to comment on. I am not in to Junipers in generel, but I am asking you to consider grafting a few side branches to create more foliage along the trunk...to make better use of the very tall slender trunk. In my opinion the distance between the present foliage and the base is too far to make a convincing bonsai.

I don't mean to discourage you, but take your time with this one.

cheers

/Loke

Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:55 pm
Report this post

It have been pruned alot. It was nearly too healthy. there foligage had grown wild for atleast 2 seasons so it had to be done. The foliage was simply shadeing the inner parts of the branches making them leggy. Styling with some minor + major ajustments has to be done with time. Because at the momenent the tree has no top. It seems like a branch has died off. I will take my time with this one. But i had to reduce the foliage to its near limit. The pads had grown together and the foliage up and down, small shoots in the middle of the V of two branches had grown large. IT REALLY NEEDED A HAIRCUT!

//Andreas

Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:52 am
Report this post
Site Admin

Which is your preferred front Andreas. I am curious?

Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:17 am
Report this post
Site Admin

Splitting might be an option - giving you two sources for the foliage to emerge.
Changing the angle, increasing to a more dramatic one maybe.
Have you considered a literati/bunjin style by pulling the hanging branch back up? It would likely either create a very tall tree, or make more use of the lower branches...
Lots of options, but I'm not entirely convinced by the current design.
No criticism.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:17 am
Report this post

willbaddeley: My prefered front is the first picture (after the work in 1998) BUT i want to show more of the amazing deadwood ( Which needs ramification!!). This is my prior goal. BUT BUT BUT any suggestions are appreciated - and i would love a scarth drawing of it ( if it isnt too much to ask! :D ) There are alot of decision making!

Chris: Design changes will be made! I think the litari is impossible tho. But i will take our suggestios in consideration! more filling awser wil be made!

Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:41 pm
Report this post
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]